Since 1982, the MDRA has presented the Pat Lanin Distinguished Service Award annually to recognize individuals who have made a significant contribution to the running community in Minnesota. Pat Lanin founded MDRA in 1961.
Who is eligible to be nominated?
• Any individual who has made a significant contribution to the running community in Minnesota.
• Someone who has not received this award in the past.
• Current MDRA Board of Directors are eligible to receive this award.
Who can submit nominations?
Current MDRA members, MDRA Board of Directors, MDRA staff.
Who chooses the recipient of the Pat Lanin Distinguished Service Award? MDRA Board of Directors.
Nominations must be received by October 31.
Award is presented at the MDRA Annual Party.
Pat Lanin Distinguished Service Award nomination form includes the following:
Nominee’s Name and contact information
Nominator’s name and contact information
Explain why this person should be awarded the Pat Lanin Distinguished Service Award. Provide specific details how this person has made significant contributions to the running community in Minnesota. Examples of information that would be helpful to include in your nomination:
- Numbers of runners impacted by individual
- Organizations that have been strengthened by individual’s contributions
- The community need they helped address
- Breadth of their impact