Wirth Trail Classic
May 15, 2021
Theodore Wirth Park
FREE for Run Minnesota Members
Location: Theodore Wirth Park. Park at the Wirth Beach Pavilion. Walk to Check In at the Quaking Bog Parking Lot. (no parking available here race day)
Times: Check In opens at 7:30 a.m.
Start: Wave starts of 25 people begin at 8:30 a.m. Waves will be assigned at check-in and are first come first serve.
Race Course: A scenic yet challenging (hopefully muddy!) four (ish) mile looped course in Theo Wirth.
This race is open to ALL and free for Run Minnesota Members.
Run Minnesota Members login to the membership dashboard to get your complementary race entry code.
Become a member of Run Minnesota starting at just $25.00 a year. An email with a complementary code for this race will be sent within 24 hours of joining.
Preregistration for this event is required and is open until midnight May 14. There is no race day registration.
Safety is our top priority. This race will follow COVID-19 Protocols to protect our participants, staff and volunteers.
- Pre-Registration and Attendance – All registration will be completed before the race. No race day registration. Participation will be limited to comply with current state guidelines and information needed for contact tracing will be collected. No spectators will be allowed.
- Health Survey – all runners are required to complete a safety survey within a 24 hour time period of starting race.
- Have a Face Mask – Runners are required to wear a face mask when they are around others and not actively running. Masks are required at pre race check in and at the start and finish of the race. Runners are not required to wear a face mask while actively running.
- Remain Socially Distanced – All runners are asked to remain socially distanced when at the race site with at least six feet of distance between others when not on the race course, and while on the course whenever possible.
- Race Start – All races will utilize staggered start times with specific times sent to runners and instructions not arrive until the time assigned. Runners will be grouped in “pods” and limited to comply with current state guidelines.
- Hydration/Aid – Runners are encouraged to provide their own aid of water, gel, energy bars. There will be no Hydration/Aid at the start/finish area. There will not be Hydration/Aid on-course .
- Race Finish – After finishing the race runners are asked to disperse quickly to not create bottlenecks or crowds. Results will be sent out after the conclusion of the race via email. There will be no awards, other promotional items or Aid/Hydration offered after the conclusion of the race.