We are building our team!
Run Minnesota is a non-profit, membership-based organization inspired to motivate runners across the North Star State and beyond! Run Minnesota is the oldest and largest running organization in Minnesota.
Mission: Run Minnesota connects the Minnesota running community and supports runners of all ages and abilities through education, programs, and advocacy. Whether you run socially, recreationally, or competitively, Run Minnesota can help you achieve your running goals.
Vision: To run freely. To welcome without limits. To foster community. To support every runner.
Values: Supportive Authentic Inclusive Empowering Agile
Marketing & Communications Manager
The Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for successfully marketing and promoting Run Minnesota’s brand, races, training, and events according to objectives and timelines established by the Executive Director. Areas of responsibility include event planning, social media posting, promotion & registration, website updates, content drafting, and e-newsletter production. This hourly, payrolled position is estimated at 15 hours/week, with hours concentrated around training programs, races, and expo events. This position is primarily remote and flexible but in-person work is expected at approximately one event per month, primarily in the Twin Cities Metro area, plus one event per year in Duluth. The Marketing & Communications Manager reports to the Executive Director.
Event planning and management
- Develop and implement marketing and communication plans, and provide on-site event management or support when needed:
- Run Minnesota Races and Training Programs
- Vendor booths at Grandma’s Marathon & at Twin Cities Marathon
- Run Minnesota Annual Party
- Grand Tour / Grand Prix
- USATF Team Circuit
Recruitment and Registration
- Create and implement recruitment plans to achieve registration targets for each of the above events and other areas as assigned.
- Meet established recruitment targets for training programs.
- Increase membership base to meet targets established by the Executive Director.
- Provide customer service and manage member benefits for a membership base of 2000.
Marketing, Communications & Public Relations
- Maintain relationships with training groups, coaches, running stores, and other nonprofits in our sector.
- Represent Run Minnesota to other groups.
- Manage and execute all marketing and communications efforts, including advertising, merchandise, website, e-newsletters, publications, and social media.
- At least 3 years of marcomm experience
- Dedication to Mission & Equity
- Outstanding project management skills
- Expertise with social media
- Savvy with Excel, Word, G Suite, NEON or similar CRM, and WordPress
Compensation and Perks
- Flexible Time Off
- Flexible Working Hours
- Bonus eligible