Seeking Candidates for the Run Minnesota Board of Directors
Run Minnesota is a nonprofit organization serving runners of all ages and abilities in Minnesota and the surrounding communities. The affairs of Run Minnesota are controlled and administered by a Board of Directors that operate according to the established Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws.
Board of Directors Information
The Board of Directors serve on two boards:
- Run Minnesota 501c4
- The Minnesota Distance Running Association Foundation 501c3
- Bylaws* updates pending Jan 2022
These are working boards with all members assuming multiple responsibilities. The focus of the next board term will be building long term sustainability and consolidation of the two organizations. Run Minnesota currently has two staff members. An Executive Director that reports to the Board and a Race Director that reports to the Executive Director.
Number of current Board Members: 13 -15
4 Officers (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer) and 10 Directors
Meeting location: Virtual, due to COVID-19 (as of March 2020)
Meeting times and frequency:
Board Meetings – Third Monday of the month, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
On-Boarding for new Board Members – January 31, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
The first board meeting for new members will be February 21, 2022.
Committee Meetings – Monthly as needed.
Run Minnesota Committees: Governance, Diversity and Inclusion, Finance, Foundation, Programs, Promotions/Advocacy, Publications, Race.
Board of Directors Expectations
Time commitment: 15 hours/month
Term: 3 years* pending bylaws update, renewable for up to three terms.
- Volunteer at Run Minnesota Races/Events
- Support, represent, and advocate on behalf of Run Minnesota’s mission to connect the running community and support runners of all ages and abilities through education, programs, and advocacy.
- Actively serve on 1-2 Run Minnesota Board committees and provide expertise and oversight.
- Attend at least 2/3 of all monthly board meetings annually.
The Run Minnesota Board values diversity among its members, including diversity in background and personal and professional skills and experience. We are looking for Board Members who will be engaged and who have the time and commitment to be effective stewards of Run Minnesota’s programs, resources, and mission. Our specific needs in terms of skills and experience change from time to time depending on the current Board composition.
Board of Directors Application and Election Timeline
Applications Due: Oct 31, 2021 EXTENDED TO NOV 15th!
Calls to applicants: November 1-20, 2021
Candidate Bio’s Published: December 1, 2021
Voting Open: December 1, 2021 – January 14, 2022
Election Results Announced: January 15, 2022 at the Run Minnesota Annual Party
Questions: Sarah firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Form Questions
- Applicant Information – Name, Phone, email address
- Position of Interest
- Optional Demographic Information
There are three topics for you to write about – These will be used in the information about candidates that is sent to members and published on the website. Compose these as if you are writing to inform the Run Minnesota membership.
- Tell us about yourself!
- Briefly outline your relevant skills and experience.
- Please tell us about your specific area of interest or focus if elected to the Run Minnesota board.