COVID Guidelines for Group Runs
Guidelines for participating in Run Minnesota group runs
- Pre-Registration and Attendance – You are required to sign up for group runs in advance on the Run Minnesota Website. Participation will be limited to comply with current state guidelines and information needed for contact tracing will be collected. Run Minnesota volunteers will do a roll call prior to the start of the group run. Anyone who is not preregistered will be instructed to run on their own.
- Health Survey – all runners are required to complete the online safety survey emailed to you within a 48 hour time period prior to attendance.
- Remain Socially Distanced – Gather with at least six feet of distance. Do not hug, high-five or fist pump others as you would during a typical group run – big smiles and air-fives will have to do for now. Runners will be sent off in staggered starts.
- Have a Face Mask – We will follow state guidelines and not require runners to wear a face mask while running. However, runners are required to wear a face mask when they are around others and not actively running – such as when gathering or departing a group run.
- Do not attend a group run if you’ve had an elevated temperature (over 100 degrees) in the past three days.
- Do not attend a group run if you have any of the symptoms related to COVID-19 per the CDC website that include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
- Do not attend a group run if you have any known exposure to a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or until you have a confirmed negative COVID-19 test that took place at least five days post-exposure.
- Do notify Run Minnesota at email@example.com immediately if you have attended a group run and within 14 days test positive for COVID-19.